Ores and concentrates guidance on EU hazard classification
ORES AND CONCENTRATES
An industry approach to EU Hazard Classification
With their extensive background in metals risk assessments, the people of ARCHE collaborated on a project to draft a guidance document for the EU Hazard Classification of Ores and Concentrates (O&C).
The main sponsors of the O&C project were:
The extraction and processing of mineral ores to create concentrates is the primary step in the life cycle of minerals and metals, and management of the chemical hazards and risks posed is an important part of an integrated approach to chemicals management in the O&C sector.
The introduction of the new CLP Regulation (EC) N° 1272/2008, which applies the general principles of the GHS in the EU, means that producers of ores and concentrates will, for the first time, be required to officially notify hazard classification for these materials to a regulatory database.
Euromines and ICMM have prepared this general guidance taking into account the O&C specifics. The guidance presents a framework that can be applied towards the goal of achieving a harmonized approach for the classification of O&C.
To request printed copies of the report, please e-mail email@example.com
Download Substance ID Template spreadsheet:
Keep track of our latest news
- Newsletter Regulatory updates across EU
- ARCHE Consulting is looking for enthusiastic team members
- NEW MERAG FACT Sheets published
- Active participation in OECD Guideline
- ARCHE Consulting participates in the Horizon 2020 CHROMIC project
- ARCHE Consortia
- ARCHE Consulting cares about your cosmetics!
- ARCHE gets the first SETAC EUROPE certified Environmental Risk Assessment Assessor degree!
- Call of interest (08-01-2016) consortium formation and cooperation for sodium 2-biphenylate in biocidal products for PTs 1,2,3,4,6 and 13
- REACH 2018: Act now to ensure a successful registration
- REACH Orphan Substances Consortium welcomes Strontium and Barium!
- ARCHE helped these products to successfully obtain their Cradle to Cradle certification!
- ARCHE co-authored latest EFSA report in support of the Guidance Document on persistence in soil.
- Release Metal EQS video!!!
- Open invitation to join the REACH Orphan Substances Consortium- ROSC
- ARCHE and REACHLaw announce a partnership in the area of REACH Authorisation
Meet us at these upcoming events
- 05-06/07 - HSE Seminar: Ecotoxicology Higher Tier Risk Assessment Workshop
- 26-27/09 - ECHA: BIOCIDES STAKEHOLDERS DAY