REACH is the Regulation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals. It entered into force on 1st June 2007. It streamlines and improves the former legislative framework on chemicals of the European Union (EU).
The main aims of REACH are to improve the protection of human health and the environment from the risks that can be posed by chemicals, the promotion of alternative test methods, the free circulation of substances on the internal market and enhancing competitiveness and innovation. REACH makes industry responsible for assessing and managing the risks posed by chemicals and providing appropriate safety information to their users. In parallel, the European Union can take additional measures on highly dangerous substances, where there is a need for complementing action at EU level.
ARCHE's team members are well versed in the different disciplines needed to comply with REACH. Our ecotoxicologist and toxicologists are ready to help you keeping REACH under control. Besides of preparing REACH dossiers the experts of ARCHE have been actively involved in writing guidance on the subject (RIP 3.6, RIP 3.2.2, MERAG) and developing new REACH tools that facilitate implementing REACH (DU Scaling tool, intelligent testing strategy tools, soil PNEC calculator).
The experts at ARCHE can help you at every step of the process of building a REACH dossier:
- review of the already existing information of the substance under scrutiny and assessment of its suitability for use in the dossiers
- conduct of a literature search for all relevant and available information. and acquisition of copies of any literature papers necessary for the dossier;
- data-gap analysis, proposal for waivers, read-across or testing as appropriate;
- preparation of the technical dossier (IUCLID 5.0 format);
- development of exposure scenarios for the identified end uses or categories of end uses incl. the proposals for Risk Management Measures (RMM), where appropriate;
- documentation of the Chemical Safety Assessment (CSA), including the proposed classification, the DNEL and PNEC derivation and writing the Chemical Safety Report (CSR);
- preparation of relevant extended Safety Data Sheet(s) (e-SDS).
International Molybdenum Association
European Precious Metals Federation
DOWNLOAD FACT SHEET
DOWNLOAD FACT SHEET
Keep track of our latest news
- Newsletter Regulatory updates across EU
- ARCHE Consulting is looking for enthusiastic team members
- NEW MERAG FACT Sheets published
- Active participation in OECD Guideline
- ARCHE Consulting participates in the Horizon 2020 CHROMIC project
- ARCHE Consortia
- ARCHE Consulting cares about your cosmetics!
- ARCHE gets the first SETAC EUROPE certified Environmental Risk Assessment Assessor degree!
- Call of interest (08-01-2016) consortium formation and cooperation for sodium 2-biphenylate in biocidal products for PTs 1,2,3,4,6 and 13
- REACH 2018: Act now to ensure a successful registration
- REACH Orphan Substances Consortium welcomes Strontium and Barium!
- ARCHE helped these products to successfully obtain their Cradle to Cradle certification!
- ARCHE co-authored latest EFSA report in support of the Guidance Document on persistence in soil.
- Release Metal EQS video!!!
- Open invitation to join the REACH Orphan Substances Consortium- ROSC
- ARCHE and REACHLaw announce a partnership in the area of REACH Authorisation
Meet us at these upcoming events
- 05-06/07 - HSE Seminar: Ecotoxicology Higher Tier Risk Assessment Workshop
- 26-27/09 - ECHA: BIOCIDES STAKEHOLDERS DAY