newsletter: regulatory updates across eu
New manual completeness check by ECHA
With the introduction of IUCLID 6 also came an enhanced completeness check. The automated checks performed by the Technical Completeness Check (TCC) have been revised and in addition a Manual Completeness Check (MCC) is now also performed by ECHA's staff on specific sections of the dossiers. The focus of the MCC is substance identification, data waivers, testing proposals on vertebrate animals and justifications for not providing a CSR. This new MCC applies to both new registrations and updates of REACH dossiers.
At the NERSAP Workshop 18th-19th May 2017 in Helsinki industry and authorities will discuss how to deal with PBT and Endocrine disrupting chemicals subject to authorisation. As RAC is not intending to provide dose-response curves and hence will not give guideline values external technical experts will play a central role in the authorisation process.
The Netherlands (Ctgb) introduces some changes for virus claims for disinfectants. Click here for more information.
Switzerland does no longer accept paper applications. Authorisation for biocidal products must be transmitted electronically via the product register for chemicals. Read more here.
Denmark has a full digital system to register biocidal products in the Product Registry (since 1 April 2017). You notify to the Product Registry via OnlineAt.
PLANT PROTECTION PRODUCTS
As of 2018, the Belgian authorities will implement national requirements relating to the bees risk assessment based on the EFSA guidance document. For the chronic risk to adult honeybees, honey bee larvae, bumble bees and solitary bees, the evaluation will be performed based on the EFSA Guidance document on the risk assessment of plant protection on bees (2013). Further details can be found here.
The European Commission amended the CLP Regulation to harmonise information on hazardous substances that companies need to provide to poison centres across the EU. It will apply from 1st January 2020.
ECHA created a dedicated Poison Centres website to provide information and support tools.
We entered a recent partnership with Toxicological Consulting. More information can be found on our website.
Sign up for the ARCHE Consulting Newsletter and stay updated on the latest regulatory news across the EU.
Keep track of our latest news
- Newsletter Regulatory updates across EU
- ARCHE Consulting is looking for enthusiastic team members
- NEW MERAG FACT Sheets published
- Active participation in OECD Guideline
- ARCHE Consulting participates in the Horizon 2020 CHROMIC project
- ARCHE Consortia
- ARCHE Consulting cares about your cosmetics!
- ARCHE gets the first SETAC EUROPE certified Environmental Risk Assessment Assessor degree!
- Call of interest (08-01-2016) consortium formation and cooperation for sodium 2-biphenylate in biocidal products for PTs 1,2,3,4,6 and 13
- REACH 2018: Act now to ensure a successful registration
- REACH Orphan Substances Consortium welcomes Strontium and Barium!
- ARCHE helped these products to successfully obtain their Cradle to Cradle certification!
- ARCHE co-authored latest EFSA report in support of the Guidance Document on persistence in soil.
- Release Metal EQS video!!!
- Open invitation to join the REACH Orphan Substances Consortium- ROSC
- ARCHE and REACHLaw announce a partnership in the area of REACH Authorisation
Meet us at these upcoming events
- 05-06/07 - HSE Seminar: Ecotoxicology Higher Tier Risk Assessment Workshop
- 26-27/09 - ECHA: BIOCIDES STAKEHOLDERS DAY